Starting your own business. It's exciting, but a little scary too. There are so many things to think about. Or maybe you already own your own business. But things could be better. You could probably run it more efficiently and profitably with the right advice.
Our business advisory services include:
- Advice on business system
- Advice on starting or buying a business
- Due diligence reports
- Structuring your business
- Business plan development
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Cashflow management
- Plant and equipment acquisition
- Human resources, including contracts
- Accounting software selection
- Key performance indicators
- Existing business reviews
- Systems and procedures reviews
- Growth strategies
- Succession planning
- Advice on selling your business
"Can you help me pay less tax?"
It's probably the question we get asked most often. We all have to pay our fair share of tax. But there are strategies you can legally use so you don't pay more than your fair share.
Our tax management services include:
- Tax compliance obligations
- Income tax returns
- Payroll tax
- Fringe benefits tax
- Business activity statements (BAS)
- Tax management strategies
- Investment tax planning
- End of financial year tax planning
Bookkeeping and Accounting
Proper recordkeeping and financial systems are vital to your business. Accurate financial information helps you take charge of your performance and cashflow while complying with regulatory requirements.
But many business owners neglect the bookkeeping and accounting fundamentals because they're "not good with numbers" or are too busy working on their core business.
We can help ease the burden so you can focus on what you do best.
Our bookkeeping and accounting services include:
- Business systems setup, including ABN, GST registration etc
- Accounting software selection
- Accounting software setup and conversion
- Accounting software training
- Regular monthly bookkeeping
- Employer obligations
- Payroll services
- Cashflow and debtor management
- Special purpose financial reports
- General purpose financial reports
Corporate Secretarial Services
As a company director, you are legally obliged to follow the requirements set out in the Corporations Act 2001.
We take the work out of corporate compliance for you. And you have the peace-of-mind that everything is done correctly.
Our corporate secretarial services include:
- Registering a company
- Registering a business name
- Incorporating an association
- Registered office facility
- Maintaining statutory registers
- Change of company details including company name, registered office or business address, officeholders and shareholders
- Preparing related minutes and resolutions
- Share transfers
- Annual ASIC company statements
- Deregistering a company
Many entities must undertake annual external audits of their financial statements. This may be required either by statute or by their constitution.
We have team members who are registered with ASIC as company auditors. Our experience qualifies us to carry out audits that comply with the specialised requirements of different types of entities. Our audit process is fast and efficient, which means minimal disruption for those involved.
Our audit services include:
- Not for profit organisations
- Trust accounts
Taking control of your financial future with a self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) is a compelling idea. But the regulations governing SMSFs are complex – and penalties for non-compliance can be costly.
At Bocso & Associates, we’re familiar with the technical details of SMSFs, and can help with annual compliance.
If you require in-depth advice and specific investment recommendations, we can refer you to one of our licensed financial planner colleagues.
Our self-managed superannuation services include:
- SMSF setup
- Structuring your SMSF to borrow for property investment
- Annual SMSF financial statements and tax returns
- Arrangement of independent audits
- Rollover of funds
- SMSF windup